Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year, New...

So people, a new year is upon us. This year I have discovered the positives of using trending books to boost my blog views. I have also successfully (more or less) launched a zine with fellow interested writers. The site may need some work but I’m am planning to tweak it a bit so the traffic to the site will be increased hopefully. I also have plans to put up a link here so readers of this blog can look into that writing as well. I am looking for other projects and new employment.

 

The joys of being employed as a writer are unknown to me. Of course the writing I am doing and my employment would likely be separate but I do feel I need to get in that field and deal with other like minds. Having the opportunity to pick someone’s brain about a plot or a character on a regular basis would be amazing…but I may have to settle for technical writing  or content writer. Basically looking of or a position which involves some entry level writing so I can build my portfolio and work on my writing in general.

 

Today, being a slow day at my job and with all of my cognitive energies returning I am taking the time to make my next entry in this blog. I am contemplating and mulling over the things I have seen and done during my interim from here. They have been amazing, sad, happy, colorful, bland moments and all of them were well worth it. Life is an interesting source in and of itself and sometimes you just need to experience it instead of writing about it. What I enjoy about this is the opportunity to observe and be in the moment. Then, with my poor poor (poor) memory, reliving everything is on an almost fictional scale. My mind is able to create an abstract idea of the experience and I can invent amazing things.

 

There are times where I will invent on the spot something magical that does not exist before me but my mind will go beyond what I am seeing  and create something whimsical and new. At other times such as this I need to remove myself from the standard writing process. Shake things up because I  can and create a new mentality. By doing this I approach my writing at a different angle. I am no longer writing at 45 degrees but instead it’s now 35 degrees. Or perhaps I go in the other direction and it is now 55 degrees.

 

Whatever the angle I am realizing something new by giving myself a different vantage point. I see something that was always there but because I was looking at it only one way it was only seen this way. Now I am able to twist it into something new and strangely wonderful because my mind has taken the opportunity and reinvented the item. I do enjoy having a creative mind.


Check out the on-line zine at: http://herspotzine.wix.com/herspotzine


No comments:

Post a Comment

For the Love of Diamond

I wanted to play around with description in this writing. The imagery here is meant to be vibrant and felt by the reader. I wanted my writin...