Monday, September 22, 2014

The Evolutionary Step

I don’t always do book reviews but when I do, I happen to pick Zane’s Addicted a year before it comes out in theaters. At first I thought it was a fluke that I received over 2,000 views since the last time I was on my blog. For a moment I was genuinely pleased that maybe my blog had a leap in interest. Then, I contemplated a bit further how my sudden popularity may came out of the blue and it hit me. Thanks to Zane’s new movie and her eager fans (looking for any and everything about this upcoming theater release) they were directed to my site because of a post I did discussing the book. Lucky Me! I have to admit it was a bit disappointing when I realized that but then again free publicity is, well, free. I really can’t be mad about that.

The hope is at least some of the people interested in her work may have seen something of interest in mines and will return for my next project. To my fans awaiting the completion of Memoirs of L that will be one of the items I plan to finish. No more putting it off or being distracted  It was supposed to take less than a year to write but apparently that college procrastination has not left me completely. I will not set an exact deadline this time but I will be dedicated to completing it. In addition to this I am going to start work on a full length book (title yet to be determined). I have had several ideas I’ve been playing around with and as they solidify and become more than mere whispers of in my head I become more focused on the fact that I need to move forward with them. Now I also have my third venture involving my current preparation to launch my zine Her Spot with three beautiful women who will be contributing as editors and writers to the project. It’s going to be a productive year!

For those of you unfamiliar with a zine it’s basically a small scale magazine that is generally focused on a specific topic or idea and presented in print on a small scale. I have decided the World Wide Web is my friend in this venture. Instead of print I am building the site through WIX and presenting the collection of writings and interactive discussions on-line. Who knows where it will go but I am excited. After the initial issue and site building the plan is that from there the process will be simple. I will add a new issue every month or every two months (still need to discuss that detail with my writers involved) depending on how demanding of a task this will be.

Meanwhile, in the bat cave…

I’m still reading, one of the things that will always be a part of my life long learning journey. Currently, between the miscellaneous things on how to start a magazine and what makes your site appealing , I have borrowed The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle for my reading pleasure. Since book reviews appear to provide me with a bit of traffic I think it may be ideal that I start to take the time out to do these more often. If anyone else has a suggestion for a book they may want to hear about, please let me know. Until then I will simply choose at random books I have selected for my own reading pleasure (I’ve actually been eyeing Atlas Shrugged so maybe that will be next after this). Tata for now, until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the Love of Diamond

I wanted to play around with description in this writing. The imagery here is meant to be vibrant and felt by the reader. I wanted my writin...